Welcome to Novelspeak...



Friday, June 24, 2016

Farewell grade 4s!

Today was the last day of school for my grade 4s. It's been a wonderful year and it was hard to say goodbye to such wonderful kids.

I've started a new tradition this year. Each year, I'll buy a book to dedicate to that class, then have them sign it.

This year, I purchased The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. It's such a special book, and one that has burrowed into my heart.

This is what I wrote in my dedication to this year's class:

Dear grade 4s,

In honour of you and your hard work this year, I’m dedicating The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore to you. As described in the book, your life is a story, one you can share with the world. This year has been just one chapter from your story. You have many chapters ahead of you to make up your life story. Whatever you do, wherever life takes you, I hope you will make a mark on this world. Life isn’t about being the smartest or getting the best marks, or graduating from the best university with the most prestigious career. It’s about making your mark on the world. As this chapter of your story closes, know that you have left an imprint on my life, just like words on a page. You will change the world, one way or another. I hope you will always strive to make the world better.

All the best in grade five!

Love, Ms. Mac
2015-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment