Welcome to Novelspeak...



Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A tribute to my sister


As I am dealing with some big life changes, my emotions are also closer to the surface as they have been every October since 2009. That was the year I lost my sister. I'm thinking of her a lot lately. I know she would be here for me right now, to support me and lend a helping hand when my life becomes overwhelming. I wrote this poem for my Mum in the winter of 2010. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here.

I love you Cynthia


The Key

I stand before a garden gate
Set in a wall of gold and pearl.
Priceless treasures within await-
Their fragrance fills the air.

I bask in the glow of golden blooms,
The sunshine streaming down.
I breathe in the flowers’ sweet perfume,
Drink in an eternal dawn.

Yet this beauty pales beside the lure
Of my loved ones living inside-
Their spirits golden, light and pure,
Their faces joyous and bright.

I’ve longed for them since they left
To dwell in this glorious garden.
Yet I know these walls are a refuge, a cleft,
Untouched by pain and death.

With a heavy heart, a tear on my face,
I turn away from those gilded walls.
Yet I know I’ll return to this place
One day when I hear His call.

And in my hand I’ll hold the key
That will open up the door.
They will be there to welcome me
To this ever-blooming garden.

And in His gentle face I’ll see
Love and an end to strife
For He is the giver of the key
That opens the garden of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment